Monday, August 30, 2010

An unrelated (sort of) hurdle!

Today I finished my second full year of graduate seminary! I can officially call myself a THIRD YEAR student. This is soooooooooo exciting. I keep reminding myself that even though seminary is so much work, so difficult at times, I am beyond blessed to be able to study God's Word. If I really think about it, I am blessed to even have a copy of God's Word that I can look at, read. In my language. Without fear of persecution. I have not only heard...I have studied. I have asked questions. I have a personal relationship with the Author.

There are still almost 3 billion unreached people in our world. Almost 7,000 people groups who have not heard the Gospel, or the name of Jesus. Yet God has given me the opportunity to study His Word amongst some of the greatest Biblical scholars in the country. This realization brings a whole new meaning to Luke 12:48: From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.


God, give me the opportunity to use the knowledge you are giving me. Break my heart for the people who do not know you. Oh, and by the way...since I have a month off from these studies you have blessed me with, I have a little more time for that referral now. Thanks! Amen!


Blessings, Kindra





1 comment:

  1. YEAH!! Congrats on another year- that is awesome! Being in the ministry....yep- thank you God we are able to share HIS WORD with others. HOW AMAZING!!!!!!!

    Now for that referral........ :)

    ReplyDelete