Friday, June 4, 2010

My shield and my strength

There are many discouraged moms and dads in adoption land these past few weeks, and I have to attest that they are not alone. My heart aches so deeply...my heart longs so deeply...my heart needs so deeply. It has been so quiet on the referral front, and though we have been blessed with news of court passings and the safe arrivals of families returning home with their sweeties, the words on the latest update say it all: "There have been no referrals since our last update." Sniff. Hiccup. Sob. I need a tissue, or a box, please.

I certainly do not wish to wallow in disappointment and impatience, but rather to seek the promises of the Lord that His unfailing love shall be my comfort, and to seek assurance that I am not alone in this sadness. The Holy Scriptures remind me that I am not alone; rather, the Lord is beside me, as is a family of adoptive parents that have trod this path before me and survived to experience the everlasting joy of His fulfilled promise.

Tonight, I find peace in Him...Jesus, you have made me glad. You are my shield, my strength, my portion, deliverer, my shelter, strong tower, my very present help in time of need.


"Made Me Glad" from Northland Media Design on Vimeo.

Blessings, Kindra




No comments:

Post a Comment